Who to Contact : Maki Mathe ( email@example.com) or Gugu Ndaba ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
Area of Concern: All Platforms
CANDIDATES: This highly practical course is a must for all professionals interested in writing for corporate publications. This includes everyone from directors to media liaison personnel in public and private sectors and civil society organisations.
Professionals writing for corporate publications and those who put together in-house newsletters, will be coached on how to write specifically for their niche markets, while also learning how to transform often dry in-house material into vibrant organisational tools.
Participants will be asked to bring their corporate newsletters and in-house publications to the workshop for analysis, and will be given assignments to work on during the course of the programme.
Key areas of focus include:
• Developing a keen ‘nose for news’ within a corporate environment
• Simple methods to brainstorm ideas
• Finding a story – even within the most technical or complex of issues
• Effective research techniques
• Targeted interviewing skills
• The ‘human’ component
• Colour writing skills
• Corporate profiles: the people behind the issues
• Structuring articles for maximum effect
• Editing techniques