Journos Writers Gym
Do your writing muscles need a good workout?
Like any exercise, writing requires a good understanding of the basics; how to construct sentences, paragraphs, and build articles in order to tell compelling stories.
Review the basics and ensure you produce excellent clean copy every time!
Journalists will learn:
• Adapting your style for different purposes, from hard news to opinion pieces;
• Structuring a story with tight story lines and great flow;
• Deciding what information to collect;
• Indentifying and interviewing sources;
• Taking notes during interviews and press conferences;
• Composing gripping openers;
• Writing narratives to keep audience attention;
• Ending on a high note;
• Including additional information and graphical elements;
• Meeting your deadlines and when to stop writing;
• Rewriting and proofing your own work;
• Repurposing copy for digital platforms and hyperlinking; and,
• Giving each story greater reach through social media.
This comprehensive, interactive course will refresh you on the basics and have you writing tight, entertaining stories that speak to your audience.
- Understand how to use the new tools and techniques
That adds depth and credibility to election coverage.